Hello Loves! How are all of my favourite bloggy friends? I hope your week is off to a fabulous start. Does anyone have anything exciting going on??
Outfit Details: Mexx top, Pure Alfred Sung jacket, Current and Elliot jeans, vintage charm and ASOS panther necklace, Forever 21 clutch, Ray Ban sunnies, thrifted boots
Congrats to Rose! And a big thank you to Dreamy Vintage!
So, yesterday I thought I’d mix things up and do this DIY as my Pinspiration post. Sadly, it ended up being an epic failure (and a waste of my very precious adult-alone-while-baby-naps time)! Oh, how my crafty crown has fallen.
I’d been wanting to roll the dice with polymer clay for ages. I was pretty pumped (and dare I say, a little cocky, which undoubtedly contributed to my demise), I thought I’d bang out the neckace, bing bang, boom. Yet, as soon as I started, I knew things weren’t going to go my way. My clay was too hard (I’m pretty sure I sustained some sort of thumb related injury trying to ‘condition’ it). I’ll spare you all the drawn out sequence of down hill events. We’ve probably already talked about it for longer than your liking! Therefore, DIY’s aside for today, I’ll take the easy way out with another Pinspirational outfit post.
Outfit Details: Gap top, Jacob sweater, Joe Fresh pants, Bay necklace, Citizen watch, Ray Ban sunnies, Cole Haan bag, Roberto Vianni flats
I think that my brain needs a vacation. Whenever I try to think of something semi-interesting to say, strange lyrics to children’s songs pop into my head. My cousin and her lovely little family are jetting off to Hawaii today (that’s not a song lyric, just in case you were wondering) and I really really wanted to cram myself into her suitcase, but my flexibly just isn’t what is used to be. *Note to self – do some pilates.* I promise I’ll be more interesting tomorrow. Pinky swear. xx
Outfit Details: Mexx top, Wilfred scarf, Gap jeggings, T.Babaton jacket, Michael Kors watch, thrifted loafers, Karen Walker sunnies, Mexx bag
Hello my sweets! I hope that the week has started off nicely for you all! I’m thrilled to be able to bring you another totally fab giveaway. This week, up for grabs is a $25 gift certificate curtesy of Dreamy Vintage. Didem, the creative mind behind this glam and girly Etsy shop, loves making jewelry (when not soaking up the Cali sunshine with family and friends). Her shop is full of gorgeous sparkle and whimsical treasures.
1. Visit Dreamy Vintage and browse around! Then leave me a comment telling me about your favourite find!
2. Follow i heart this blog with Google Friend Connect.
For Additional Entries:
1. Spread the word about this lovely Giveaway care of Dreamy Vintage! Tweet about it, link to it on your blog, share it on Facebook, etc, etc. Just leave an additional comment letting me know how you spread the word.
The winner will be chosen at random from the comments on Sunday, Jan 29nd, at 11:59am.
I adore these earrings, but there is so much more to see so get going my friends! xx
The winner of last week’s lovely Burnish Giveaway is:
1. It’s even chilly inside! Thank goodness for cozy slippers. While hanging out at home today my hands were freezing and I looked down at my toasty feet and thought, man, someone needs to invite slippers for your hands!!!! Duh, Nat. They’re called gloves. Mommy brain strikes again.
2. Strapping bells to various body parts has made for some top notch entertainment while stuck inside.
3. Bring on the hot bevies! I drink from the never ending fountain of warmth.
4. Pretty view from our lower deck. Ok, now melt. Thanks.
5. Has anyone tried EOS lip balm? I just bought Sweet Mint, and my lips are doing a serious happy dance. It smells and taste delish. It totally moisturized my dry lips and it’s super fun to use/roll on the floor (a bonus if you have a dog, small child, or if you just like that sort of thing).
6. There’s something about the snow that has thrown me into a potentially problematic bake, eat, snack, eat, bake, eat cycle. When I need a break from vegetables like chocolate cake and cinnamon buns I can’t resist grabbing a handful of this crunchy Kashi cereal.
Enough of my nonsense. I have tons more Pinspiration coming atcha next week, so until then, stay warm and cozy my lovelies and have a happy weekend!! xx
PS – Don’t forget to check out the fantabulous Burnish Giveaway!!
The onset of our winter-wonderland is always really fun. We only get snow a couple of times a year and it tends to melt rather quickly. So, when it first happens, people (ok, most people) are excited. Schools shut down, businesses close and roads are deserted.
In the late afternoon we bundled up the babe and embarked on a chilly adventure. These aren’t really outfit pictures. Don’t let your eyes fool you. Yes, I am technically wearing an outfit, but I feel like Joey from that episode of friends where he wears all of Chandler’s clothes. I could probably clothe a small village by distributing my many, many layers.
So, why am I bothering to show you pictures of a non-outfit? Well, for 1. I’m a knitting fool and just finished another cowl I wanted you to see (I’m madly in love with it’s massive chunkiness) and 2. We are parents to a small child. And therefore, never, ever, without a camera. Ever.
And speaking of the small child. While initially less than impressed with our excursion (see photo), after a trip to Starbucks, some toddler fruit snacks, and procuring a strange, small, robotic, Valentines dog that plays this song, a good time was had by all.
Hot diggity, or should I say cold diggity, it snowed. Being mostly of the falling & melting variety, I’m a happy camper. It’s lovely to watch the flakes dance through the air and my little lady is beyond happy to smush her teeny face against the window in wonder. The melting is also lovely because I don’t really want to think about being trapped in our house for too long (the magical face smushing could get old).
Today’s Pinspiration is none other than the astoundingly lovely Sydney of The Daybook. One of my favourite bloggers, she’s a new mom with never ending style! I thought that I did an alright job of staying stylish while pregnant with my daughter, but Syndey took me to school. She totally rocked it. Well played my friend.
I knit this cowl the other night while watching a movie. I’m wasn’t thrilled with it at first. It’s not without
ugly bits character, but when it’s all scrunched up around my neck it’s super cozy.
Outfit Details: thrifted top, Club Monaco blazer, vintage belt, Joe Jeans, Citizen watch, made-by-me cowl, Gap socks, Roberto Vianni boots, Karen Walker sunnies, Cole Haan bag